Servicing your Car
Owning a car was your dream and now you own it. Keeping your car in good condition with good care and maintenance is worthwhile, as it will be enduring your car life while uprising its financial value. Safety demands care, neglecting your car care may lead you into unforeseen troubles, take an example, god forbid but, what if something goes wrong with your tyres or brakes while you are out on the road?
Manufacturer's almanac to guide you;
- How often to get our car serviced.
- At what interval and schedules you have set alarm for required maintenance.
- when it's the high time to get the necessary parts replaced.
Car servicing, How it goes?
Servicing of your car is set to carry out at the garage. They are the experts at your assistance who are excellent in handling diversified domains in services & repairs to the latest automotive technology for the vehicles of all makes, models and brand from checks, care, repair, to the maintenance.
Depending on the gap when the previous service was undertaken and how long your car ran on road in miles during that period you may be recommended a basic check or a more comprehensive examination.Generally, a service will cover the following areas:
- the engine
- drive system
- steering & suspension
- tyres & wheels
Car maintenance checklist
Manufacturer's almanac is a perfect guide to car care, still, our checklist is more comprehensive and give you an easy way out from tedious worries so you follow it on your own, and if ever in doubt, a professional mechanic should be able to help.
Your vehicle needs motor oil, which you can buy for the garage or from any car accessory shop. Maintaining a proper level of oil is must, vary in the level can be troublesome for the car engine. It’s a good idea to check the oil regularly and always before long journeys.
Water and coolant
Coolant is a liquid that protects the radiator from freezing. The amalgamation of the right quantity of coolant and water in radiator prevents for jamming or freezing in extreme of weather conditions, like excessive of cold or overheating in hot temperatures.
- Your Manufacturer's almanac is a perfect guide that tells you which type of coolant to use
- With the change in weather conditions, the water to coolant concentration may differ again manufacturer's almanac is a perfect guide to match the conditions to your car's make and model
- At seashore or in the hard water area, consider diluting coolant with distilled water
- While the engine is hot, the coolant inside the radiator is boiling building dangerous pressure, so open the radiator cap only when the engine cools down.
- Ensure to check the right pressure in your car tyre and tread regularly.
- Consult your manufacturer's almanac for your car’s correct air pressure
- Either over-inflated or under-inflated tyres are unsafe
- Incorrect tyre effects fuel efficiency and also causes wear & tyres quite often and quickly.
- A regular inspection on right intervals of your car tyre's wear and tear conditions is must. Alongside do not forget to check your spare wheel.
Why not ask a friend to ensure that your car night lights are working fine. Check it all, the brake lights, fog lights, indicator all working fine and bright. Check the headlights are properly adjusted and do not cause dazzling others. A qualified mechanic can check/adjust the lights for you.
A penny saved is a penny earned, good care of your windscreen can prevent damage to your pocket in the long run.
- A small shaving can cause a crack if left unattended
- A chip in your line of sight that’s larger than 10mm could result in a failed MOT
- A windscreen chip larger in size than 40mm could lead to a failed MOT
- Make sure that your screen wash remains topped up
- Regular check and replacement on time are necessary of windscreen wipers, many car insurance company cover damage to your windscreen along with other parts like windows and sunroofs.
Taking up car wash regularly by self helps not only to keep your car clean, bright, dirt and mud free but also helps to spot minor bumps, scrapes or rust on time.
In addition to the bodywork, it’s a good idea to keep the rest of your car clean and tidy as well.
- Lights, indicators, reflectors and number plates should be kept clean and clear
- Keep windscreens and windows clean.
Tool kit and in-car care essentials
Problems are never invited so, it's prudent to keep a car care essential kit along.
Car care basics
- Puncture repair kit
- Tyre wrench
- Oil and other engine fluids
- Jump leads
- Reflective triangle
- Wheel lock opener
- Screen wash
Dashboard warning lights
They are the emergency indicators and appears while one is on the drive and generally doesn't switch off even after putting down engine off. As indicator blinks it's safe to stop and seek professional assistance from a local garage.
Its mandate by the law and you are legally obliged to have valid car insurance and to keep your insurance details up-to-date.Purchasing a vehicle along with third party insurance is mandatory by the law. However, future renewal is taken charged and is processed by the owner itself. What we suggest to the client is to go for a comprehensive motor insurance policy as the name suggests it covers any accidental loss or damage of your vehicle, plus injury occurred to the third party person or property as well during the accident.